Thursday, April 27, 2023

Chances Are


I was touched when H flew in from Brisbane, Australia and took the time in between her busy schedule to see me, thank you (your presence means so much to me despite us knowing each other just recently)! We shared stories about family members who lost the fight due to cancer. She was determined for me to fight it. Oh who could resist the offer/invite? Would love to settle down (“retire”, she says) in Australia like she did – just chill and heal (hehe that rhymes!) ❤

After H left, I was reminded of the characters of Ally McBeal and Larry Paul from Ally McBeal (Season 4-5), a legal comedy drama well written by David E. Kelly. Despite their imperfections and idiosyncrasies (behaviour or way of thought peculiar to an individual), they are genuinely perfect for each other (albeit their brief time together). I’ll end my post with this nice song and an extract of its lyrics.

"I remember clearly how you looked the night we met. I recall your laughter and your smile. I remember how you made me feel so at ease. I remember all your grace and your style. And now you're all I long to see. You've come to mean so much to me."

P.S.: Instinctively wondering how 'Iron Man' is doing…

No comments: